SHOOT: Japanese Monster Reboot GODZILLA Rampages Through South Nanaimo – Part 1

Look out Godzilla. USAF missiles are coming your way. The 3D Japanese monster reboot is rampaging through south Nanaimo on Vancouver Island today, filming scenes of a WRail train carrying missiles and dozens of military extras through prop wreckage in Godzilla’s wake, including a burntout vehicle and a downed helicopter.  Production started filming at the Cambie Pub in downtown Nanaimo on Wednesday with Aaron Taylor- Johnson spotted on set, then moved to Ladysmith yesterday for more prop wreckage on railroad tracks and prop traffic. I will write more about today’s shoot when it wraps.

Related: Japanese monster reboot Godzilla turns Vancouver Convention Centre into airport terminal

10 Responses to SHOOT: Japanese Monster Reboot GODZILLA Rampages Through South Nanaimo – Part 1

1. Lindsay says:

Very cool story and pics! My kids and I have enjoyed watching them film and all the cool props that are set up!

2. Ed says:

Awesome! Exciting!

3. Jo Anne De Wilde says:

Do the locals get an opportunity to get jobs as extras in this show?

• yvrshoots says:

Godzilla (production codename Nautilus) casting call for Asian male extras a few weeks ago on Craigslist so yes there is an opportunity to be an extra. Might have been other casting calls but that’s the one I saw.

4. TONY-TAT2_ NJ says:

IM 60 & STILL CANT GET ENUFF GODZILLA !!!
    LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEW FLICK !!!

5. Juderex says:

I’m really glad to see that they’re not going completely overboard with the CGI here. Seeing this gives me hope that this will be one of the few movies that has a good balance of CGI

6. Juderex says:

and traditional special effects. Sorry, I hit “Post Comment too early :P

7. Rock says:

They will be filming in the village of Steveston for the next few weeks – just came to our house with a notice of the filming schedule (much more organized than the once upon a time crew!! – and more transparent, which is nice)

• yvrshoots says:

I heard about Godzilla in Steveston next week. Some Once Upon a Time fans have been joking that it must be Godzilla who destroys Storybrooke. I’m glad that they’ve been transparent. I look forward to seeing whatever can be seen.

8. Deanna says:

Does anyone know any great warehouse rental for film locations in and around Nanaimo?

Thanks :o)