Tag Archives: Amanda Tapping
- Sunday, May 19th – RoboCop starring Joel Kinnaman wraps its fourth & final day (May 16-19) in the Washington Building at Vancouver Shipyards in North Vancouver, Standoff between heroes and villains with simulated gunfire. You could hear the pop, pop, pop sound nearby.
- Saturday, May 18th – Lexus commercial films in downtown Business District.
- Friday, May 17th – Amanda Tapping directs Continuum on Cambie St. and Arch Alley downtown. First a scene with Stephen Lobo and Magda Apanowicz on Cambie. And then a scene with Victor Webster and a corpse in the gravel parking lot off Arch Alley.
- Friday, May 17th – Globe and Mail: Election upset has BC Film industry reeling over lost taxbreaks
- Friday, May 17th – Lifetime series Witches of East End,starring Julia Ormond, back on BC Production List. New filming dates: July 16 to October 21.
- Thursday, May 16th - Godzilla terrorizes Steveston for third night shoot on docks dressed as San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Thursday, May 16th – Vancouver whydunit Motive season finale airs on CTV with Amanda Tapping guest starring as hot psychologist. Crime scene filmed in David Lam Park in Yaletown.
- Thursday, May 16th – YVRShoots Series – Four filmed-in-Vancouver American pilots Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, Almost Human with Karl Urban & Michael Ealy, Intelligence with Josh Holloway and The 100 make it to series. But will they all shoot in Vancouver?
- Thursday, May 16th – The CW Upfront: The CW becomes the Amell network with cousins Arrow star Stephen Amell & Tomorrow People star Robbie Amell on stage and sharing a childhood photo to a chorus of Awwwws from the audience. The network plans to break up Supernatural and Arrow on Wednesday nights by moving the Winchesters to Tuesdays at 9 p.m. and replacing them with Tomorrow People, a new show which may shift production to Vancouver. But picked up series The 100 is not expected to air until 2014. Here’s a trailer filmed in local forest.
- Thursday May 16th – Continuum films inside CBC Vancouver. Episode directed by Amanda Tapping.
- Thursday, May 16th – The Killing films at Riverview.
- Thursday May 16th – Falling Skies showrunner Remi Aubuchon announces he’s stepping down. David Eick from Battlestar Galactica will take over for season four.
- Wednesday, May 15th – Godzilla in Steveston. Night shoot on docks dressed as San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Wednesday, May 15th – Supernatural season eight finale. Angels fall from Heaven.
- Wednesday, May 15th – Arrow‘s epic season finale. Throughout the taut episode almost every character looked like he/she was about to sacrifice themselves but ultimately Tommy (Colin Donnell) was the one who does, sacrificing himself to save the woman he loved, Lauren (Katie Cassidy). Archer showdown between Emerald Archer (Stephen Amell/stunt double) & Dark Archer (John Barrowman/stunt double) on Hudson’s Bay roof downtown.
It’s Amanda Tapping week. Guest star on Wednesday night’s season finale of CW hit Supernatural and Thursday night’s season finale of Vancouver whydunit hit Motive. And directing the current episode of Vancouver-cop-from-the-future series hit Continuum.
Are there zombies in this episode? Here is Amanda Tapping directing Victor Webster as Detective Carlos Fonnegra yesterday looking at corpse in the trunk of a car parked in the gravel lot off Arch Alley. Or as Webster tweeted: “I’m examining a decomposing corpse covered in maggots in an alley full of garbage and grafitti. What did you do today?” The makeup actually seems more The Walking Dead than Continuum. Fun.
It’s Amanda Tapping week. Guest star on Wednesday night’s season finale of CW hit Supernatural and last night’s season finale of Vancouver whydunit hit Motive. And directing the current episode of Vancouver-cop-from-the-future series hit Continuum.
Here is Vancouver’s Sci-fi Queen directing a scene this afternoon from the video village in Arch Alley east of Victory Square. After each take Tapping strode out to talk to the actors Stephen Lobo and Magda Apanowicz, and to crew and then briskly walked back to the alley again in her riding boots. Still very much the ageless Helen Magnus of her long-running series Sanctuary.
- Sunday, April 14th – Once Upon a Time recap The Price of Magic airs, narrated by Alan Dale with help from showrunners Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz.
- Sunday, Arpil 14th – Bravo pilot Rita with Anna Gunn (Breaking Brad) and Josh Hamilton films at West Vancouver Community Centre.
- Saturday, Arpil 13th – First Weekend Club event at 7:50 p.m. showing of Vancouver feature Becoming Redwood at International Village. Q&A with some cast and producers after film, followed by drinks at Gastown’s Portside Pub.
- Saturday, April 13th – Simon Pegg’s Hector & the Search for Happiness films at Burrard Ironworks
- Saturday, April 13th – Deadline: Hollywood’s Primetime Pilot Panic Early Buzz 2 with nods to ABC pilot Big Thunder, ABC short presentation Once Wonderland, The CW’s The 100, NBC’s I Am Victor and Bravo’s Rita but FOX pilot Human still listed by earlier title InHuman.
- Saturday, April 13th – Canada becoming sci-fi leader led by Vancouver’s own cop-from-the-future series Continuum. Globe and Mail Arts article.
- Friday, April 12th – Vancouver feature Becoming Redwood opens at Internatiional Village. Interview with Vancouver writer-director Jesse James Miller in YVRShoots Series for Vancouver is Awesome.
- Friday, April 12th – ABC short presentation Once Wonderland (potential Once Upon a Time spinoff) with Sophie Lowe as Alice wraps filming in Vancouver.
- Friday, April 12th – CBS pilot Backstrom with Rainn Wilson as House-like detective wraps filming in Vancouver.
- Friday, April 12th – Man of Steel’s Henry Cavill on cover of Entertainment Weekly’s Summer Movies issue.
- Friday, April 12th – 3rd season set, prop & costume sale for hit sitcom Mr. Young at Burnaby studio (5828 Byrne Rd). April 12 (10am-4pm)
- Friday, April 12th – Globe and Mail reports amalgamation of B.C. Film Commission and B.C. Film + Media into Creative BC in a bid to help Save BC Film.
- Friday, April 12th – TVLine gets official confirmation that Curtis Armstrong is Metatron, the scribe of God, in Supernatural. Saw Armstrong filming with Misha Collins in Deep Cove.
- Thursday, April 11th – Arrow films season finale overnight at Terminal City Ironworks complex in east Vancouver. Stephen Amell on set.
- Thursday, April 11th – The Killing films on trails past Lafarge Lake in Coquitlam.
- Thursday, April 11th – 3rd season set, prop & costume sale for hit sitcom Mr. Young at Burnaby studio (5828 Byrne Rd). April 11 (12-4 pm)
- Thursday, April 11th – Words and Pictures seeks bike rider extras for filming on Monday April 15.
- Wednesday, April 10th – Amanda Tapping-directed Arctic Air 2×12 airs, with Dragons’ Den dragon David Chilton (The Wealthy Barber) guest-starring as himself in Burnaby as Calgary.
- Wednesday, April 10th – Psych wedding on 7×07 directed by James Roday as Lassie (Timothy Omundson) marries his gal Marlowe (Kristy Swanson). But first the bachelor party.
- Wednesday, April 10th - Rogue 1×03 with Thandie Newtown & Marton Csokas airs on
- Sunday, March 17th – Red Widow 1×04 The Escape with Radha Mitchell, Goran Visnjic and Wil Traval.
- Sunday, March 17th – Welcome to Storybrooke circa 1983 on Once Upon a Time 2×17. Except if you’re an outsider. Then not so welcome. And you might end up the target of a high-speed chase by Sheriff Graham (Jamie Dornan) & Regina (Lana Parrilla).
- Sunday, March 17th – News of Rainn Wilson (The Office) cast as lead in Hart Hanson’s CBS pilot Backstrom.
- Friday, March 15th – Once Upon a Time films Jennifer Morrison & Michael Raymond-James on Third Beach in Stanley Park for 2×21
- Friday, March 15th – Arrow films flashback scenes with Stephen Amell & Katie Cassidy & Oliver’s parents at Harbour Cruises in Coal Harbour for 1×21.
- Friday, March 15th – The Killing films in Langley.
- Friday, March 15th – CBS pilot Intelligence starts filming at Deer Lake Park in Burnaby. Josh Holloway not on set.
- Friday, March 15th – Cult 1×04 with Matt Davis on The CW.
- Thursday, March 14th – Vancouver played Toronto for Motive 1×06 Detour with scenes filmed at the Victorian Hotel as a Toronto apartment building and Belkin House as a Toronto police station.
- Thursday, March 14th – Continuum‘s Eric Knudsen & Ian Tracey film at Catch-122 restaurant on West Hastings downtown.
- Thursday, March 14th – CW pilot The 100 w/ Thomas McDonell as one of 100 juvenile delinquents sent back to Earth after nuclear war starts filming on its Langley set.
- Thursday, March 14th – Supernatural films in Riverview in Coquitlam.
- Thursday, March 14th – News that Arrow‘s Stephen Amell, Colin Donnell, Willa Holland, Paul Blackthorne & showrunners, & Falling Skies‘s Drew Roy, Sarah Carter, Seychelle Gabriel & showrunner Remi Aubuchon will be at WonderCon in Anaheim in late March. Schedule.
- Thursday, March 14th – News that Amanda Tapping of Sanctuary, Stargate SG1 will direct second season’s 12th episode of Continuum.
- Wednesday. March 13th – Psych‘s Big Foot episode directed by star James Roday airs on the USA Network.
- Wednesday, March 13th – FOX pilot Human starts filming inside empty bank building on West Pender downtown. Karl Urban on set. Productions signs BELLY pay tribute to Fringe.
- Wednesday, March 13th – Continuum films in Woodward’s Building downtown.
- Wednesday, March 13th - Once Upon a Time films scenes at the Steveston Cannery and on Moncton St. with Jennifer Morrison, Michael Raymond-James, Robert Carlyle, Emilie de Ravin and David Anders (on his knees as he tweeted).
- Wednesday, March 13th – Constellation Award nominations for Continuum, Fringe, Once Upon a Time, Primeval: New World, Supernatural, Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles,
Nothing gets the Supernatural fandom in the mood for a new episode more than seeing their beloved Winchester brothers looking fine at the People’s Choice Awards. CBS cameras must have shared their J2 crush last night, often cutting to Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles either backstage or in the audience with their wives Genevieve Cortese and pregnant Daneel Harris. The fans scored big at the PCAs– again — winning Favorite TV Fan Following and Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV show, but probably gave Castle”s Nathon Fillion the win for Favorite Dramatic TV Actor by splitting their vote between Padalecki and Ackles. Fillion joked on stage that even his brother had “voted for Jensen”.
So what’s next? After a long holiday break, 8×10 Torn and Frayed airs next Wednesday, January 16th, featuring Sam & Dean not speaking, angels Naomi and Castiel and the wise-cracking King of Hell Crowley.
Here’s the logline:
Naomi informs Castiel that Crowley holds an angel captive and he must save him so that Crowley doesn’t learn their secrets. Castiel asks for Dean’s help. Sam meets with Amelia, who asks him to chose whether to stay with her or never contact her again.
Supernatural airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. on The CW.
- Sunday, December 16th – Noah Wyle and Will Patton film Falling Skies dream sequence in Gastown’s Coffee Bar.
- Friday, December 14th – Arrow begins its holiday hiatus. Returning January 2, 2013.
- Friday, December 14th - Cult wraps filming of its 1st season (technically Saturday at 2:30 a.m.). Premieres Tuesday, February 19, 2013 on The CW.
- Friday, December 14th – Fringe airs the ninth episode of its final season with Walter on acid trip featuring the return of Dr. Carla Warren in a hallucination filmed in NYC taxicab and later the Fringe team searching for Donald’s signal at the Britannia Heritage Shipyards park in Steveston.
- Friday, December 14th – Vancouver sitcom Package Deal tapes in front of a live studio audience in Burnaby.
- Friday, December 14th – A&E releases the first promotional trailer for upcoming series Bates Motel
- Friday, December 14th – Fringe showrunner Joel Wyman shares images of the series finale wtih commentary on EW.com
- Friday, December 14th – After five seasons – four of them filmed in Vancouver — Fringe wraps filming for good in early daylight at The Bridge Studios in Burnaby. My post for Vancouver is Awesome.
- Thursday, December 13th – Arctic Air wraps filming of its second season (technically Friday at 3:00 a.m.) which premieres January 9th, 2013 on the CBC. Episode director Amanda Tapping shares a photo of herself and Adam Beach on set.
- Thursday, December 13 – CTV announces Vancouver detective series Motive , starring Kristin Lehman and Louis Ferreira, will debut in a prime post-Superbowl spot on Feburary 3rd next year.
- Thursday, December 13th – Once Upon a Time films chase scenes in Gastown
- Friday, December 7th – Fringe‘s eighth episode of its final season featured Peter Bishop vs Captain Windmark with Peter anticipating and redirecting Windmark’s movements plus a pivotal POlivia scene on the Vancouver Art Galley roof looking down on Windmark walking through the rainy plaza.
- Friday, December 7th – Fringe films its final episode in studio and at a house in Burnaby.
- Friday, December 7th – Arctic Air‘s Adam Beach and Pascale Hutton at CBC Vancouver Open House.
- Friday, December 7th – Continuum appears on the B.C. Production List. Filming of second season to start on January 16th and wrap around the end of May, 2013.
- Friday, Decmeber 7th – Battlestar Galactica prequel Blood and Chrome‘s finale - ninth and tenth episodes online.
- Thursday, December 6th – Fringe films its final episode in studio and then at night in the tunnel off Skeena leading to the 2nd Narrows Bridge.
- Thursday, December 6th – TVLine reports Gregory Itzin cast on Once Upon a Time as Frankenstein’s father.
- Wednesday, December 5th – Fringe‘s main unit films downtown in underground parking at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre and in and around Oceanic Plaza until 2 a.m. Its second splinter unit films under the Cambie Bridge with showrunner Joel Wyman directing Lance Reddick.
- Wednesday, December 5th – Supernatural mid-season finale featured scenes of Dean, his Purgatory pal Benny & the Impala filmed at the Britannia Shipyards in Steveston
- Wednesday, December 5th – Arrow’s eighth episode – Arrow vs The Huntress.
- Wednesday, December 5th – Emily Owens M.D. wraps filming of its final episode.
- Wednesday, December 5th – Vancouver detective series Motive films on Pender and inside and outside the Victorian Hotel downtown.
- Wednesday, Decmeber 5th – Amanda Tapping directs Arctic Air episode filmed in Burnaby as Calgary and featuring a guest appearance by Dragon’s Den dragon David Chilton as himself.
- Tuesday, December 4th - Fringe films driving scenes with Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, John Noble and Jasika Nicole in a van and then Lance Reddick in a black car
- Sunday, November 18th - Once Upon a Time pre-empted by American Music Awards. New episode 2×08, Into the Deep, airs next Sunday.
- Sunday, November 18th – The Twlight Saga: Breaking Dawn 2 boasts a US$349 million global opening weekend via Deadline.com.
- Saturday, November 17th – Bates Motel films at the HI Vancouver Jericho Beach Hostel.
- Friday, November 16th - Red Widow wraps filming of its first order of eight episodes set to premiere early next year on ABC.
- Friday, November 16h – On Fringe‘s ep. 5×07 Joshua Jackson’s Peter tracks Observer lieutenants on Hastings West and Blair Brown returns as silver-haired Nina Sharp in her wheelchair filmed on the Olympic Village seawall.
- Friday, November 16th – Fringe films pickup scenes with the panelled blue mini-van in Chinatown.
- Friday, November 16th – Battlestar Galactica prequel Blood and Chrome with Ben Cotton – third & fourth webisodes online.
- Friday, November 16th – Mr. Cranky Pants lives. CBC releases season two teaser for Yellowknife and Vancouver-filmed Arctic Air which moves to Wednesday nights in its second season next year.
- Thursday, November 15 – Midnight screenings of blockbuster The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 2. which was filmed in Vancouver, Squamish and Whistler.
- Thusrday, November 15th – Arrow films police chase & shootout featuring Seth Gabel as season one’s big bad Vertigo on the second level of the Front Street parkade in New Westminster.
- Thursday, November 15th – Vancouver sitcom Package Deal films its fourth episode in front of a live studio audience in Burnaby.
- Thursday, November 15th – Bates Motel films on its permanent motel and Bates house set in Aldergrove, a replica of the Alfred Hitchcock set from his classic horror film Psycho.
- Thursday, November 15th - Vancouver detective series Motive films out in Aldergrove.
- Thusrday, November 15th – Red Widow films near Victory Square.
- Wednesday, November 14th – Misha Collins’s Castiel returns on Supernatural 8×07 & meets with Amanada Tapping (Stargate/Sanctuary)’s angel Naomi. Watch your back Cas.
- Wednesday, November 14th – The Royal Flush Gang robs Starling Trust Bank on Arrow‘s ep. 1×06 filmed in the