Tag Archives: Joshua Jackson
Fringe’s Fifth and Final Season DVD/Blu-ray has this charming extra — Unusual Side Effects: Gag Reel — featuring Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, John Noble, Jasika Nicole, Georgina Haig and others losing it and laughing on set.
Fringe Latino shared the gag reel on youtube but the link could be temporary. Be sure to buy the DVD/Blu-ray for all the final season episodes and extras.
- Sunday, February 24th – New promo for Once Upon a Time airs during Oscars broadcast. A Series as Epic as the Movies Every Single Week.
- Sunday, February 24th – Red Widow black-and-white promo airs during Oscars broadcast.
- Friday, February 22nd – Vancouver crime drama Motive with Kristin Lehman & Louis Ferreira wraps filming its first season. Photographed 2 of The Killers so far without knowing.
- Friday, February 22nd – Feature film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes starring Andy Serkis as Caesar and Jason Clarke confirmed to film from April 2nd to 26th says new BC Production List.
- Friday, February 22nd – Feature film Hector and the Search for Happiness starring Simon Pegg as psychiatrist Hector confirmed to film from March 30th to April 20th says latest BC Production List.
- Friday, February 22nd – TV Pilots Intelligence (ABC) starring Lost’s Josh Holloway as US Cyber Command officer who has a microchip implanted in his brain and I am Victor (NBC) starring John Stamos as a House-like divorce attorney confirmed to film here in March says new BC Production List
- Friday, February 22nd – TV series Witches of East End (Lifetime) with Julia Ormond, Rachel Boston, and Jenna Dewan-Tatum as witches confirmed to film from April 3rd to August 6th says latest BC Production List.
- Friday, February 22nd - Arrow films 1×19 at abandoned mental institution Riverview Hospital in Coquitlam.
- Thursday, February 21st – Supernatural films at the Cleveland Dam in North Vancouver
- Thursday, February 21st – Level Up liquidation sale at North Shore Studios.
- Thursday, February 21st – SPACE channel opts not to renew Vancouver’s own dinosaur procedural Primeval: New World for second season. Show in talks with other international broadcasters.
- Wednseday, February 20th – Supernatural airs 1×15 Man’s Best Friend with Benefits about a cop witch filmed mainly in Century House downtown and Victory Square
- Wednesday, February 20th – Arrow airs 1×15 Dodger with BSG guest star James Callis and Teen Wolf’s Colton Haynes as Roy Harper.
- Wednesday, February 20th – Once Upon a Time‘s Ginnifer Goodwin presents at Costume Designers Guild Awards.
- Wednesday, February 20th – Arrow films stunts in Gastown for 1×18 with star Stephen Amell running straight at me.
- Wednesday, February 20th – Is Fringe headed for a three-peat at the Saturn Awards? Nominations for Fringe and cast, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, The Killing, Falling Skies, Arrow and Vancouver’s own Continuum.
- Wednesday, February 20th – Vancouver’s teen sitcom Mr. Young with Brendan Meyer, Matreya Fedor and Gig Morton, resumes filming season three
SATURN AWARDS Noms for FRINGE & Cast, ONCE UPON A TIME, SUPERNATURAL, ARROW, FALLING SKIES, THE KILLING And Our Own CONTINUUM
Perennial Saturn Awards (sci-fi, fantasy & horror) winner Fringe gets a final hurrah this year with a nomination as Best Network Television Series and individual nominations for Joshua Jackson as Best Actor, Anna Torv as Best Actress, John Noble as Best Supporting Actor and Blair Brown and Lance Reddick as Best Guest Stars. Fringe won Best Network Television Series in 2010 and 2011 so it could go out with a three-peat. Anna Torv already has a three-peat with Best Actress on TV awards in 2009, 2010, and 2011. John Noble got the win as Best Supporting Actor on TV in 2010. And Leonard Nimoy picked up Best Guest Actor on TV in 2009.
Other filmed-in-Vancouver productions scoring nominations include Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, The Killing, Falling Skies, Arrow and Vancouver’s own Continuum.
Best Network Television Series
- Sunday, February 10th – Once Upon a Time 2×13 Tiny airs with Jorge Garcia’s Anton the Giant held captive on Hook’s pirate ship and then rampaging through Storybrooke. Plus we learn Charming’s real name.
- Sunday, February 10th – Motive 1×2 airs on CTV with scenes of Kristin Lehman filmed in the Olympic Village.
- Sunday, February 10th – Battlestar Galactica prequel pilot Blood and Chrome starring Ben Cotton finally airs on Syfy. #ThereWillBeCylons.
- Saturday, February 9th – New survey says 3 out of 4 British Columbians strongly support government tax incentives to help the BC film & TV production industry. Global TV report #SaveBCFilm
- Saturday, February 9th – Vancouver-filmed hunting-accident-gone-wrong A Single Shot with Sam Rockwell debuts at Berlin International Film Festival
- Friday, February 8th – New York Times paid a set visit to Continuum in Squamish last week and came away impressed with Vancouver’s cop from the future series.
- Friday, February 8th – Deadline Hollywood confirms Chin Han (The Dark Knight) cast on Arrow as Frank Chen, an old friend of the Queen family and part of the nefarious group The Undertaking. This is the mysterious Asian man spotted at the Westin Bayshore Hotel shoot.
- Friday, February 8th - CW pilot The Hundred–100 juvenile delinquents sent back to Earth after nuclear war–appears on BC Production List. To film from March 14th to April 4th.
- Friday, February 8th – Once Upon a Time films in Lynn Canyon Park in North Vancouver.
- Friday, February 8th – TV Line reports Max Fowler (The Hour) cast as Twitch on season 3 of The Killing
- Thursday, February 7th – Once Upon a Time turns Gastown into Manhattan again to film scenes for 2×18 Selfless, Brave and True.
- Thursday, February 7th – Mayor Gregor Robertson talks #SaveBCFilm on Breakfast Television.
- Thursday, February 7th - Once Upon a Time films in Lynn Canyon Park in North Vancouver.
- Wednesday, February 6th – Psycho prequel Bates Motel with Freddie Highmore & Vera Farmiga wraps filming of its first season in Vancouver.
- Wednesday, February 6th – Arctic Air 2×5 has big fight scenes filmed in Langley Airport hangar with former amateur boxer Aleks Paunovic in the ring.
- Sunday, February 3rd – The Murder is Just the Beginning. An unprecedented ad campaign for Vancouver crime drama Motive, starring Kristin Lehman and Louis Ferreira, ahead of its debut on CTV after the Superbowl. My post for Vancouver is Awesome.
- Friday, February 1st- Supernatural films for a second afternoon and evening in Queensborough on Duncan Street at a riverfront industrial property.
- Friday, February 1st – Vancouver’s cop-from-the corporate-future series Continuum films in Squamish.
- Friday, February 1st – EW’s Inside TV gets First Look at creepy new Bates Motel poster & Motherly Love teaser featuring Bates mother-and-son Vera Farigma and Freddie Highmore. Series debuts March 18th on A&E.
- Thursday, January 31st – Supernatural films in Queensborough on Duncan Street at a riverfront industrial property. Impala spotted on set.
- Thursday, January 31st – Bates Motel films on its motel/house set in Aldergrove for fourth day.
- Wednesday, January 30th – CBC airs Arctic Air 2×04, with lots of hookups, including one — Bobby & Krista — I didn’t expect to see so early in the season.
- Wednesday, January 30th – The CW airs Supernatural 1×12 As Time Goes By about time-travelling Grandpa Winchester and a demon played by Alaina Huffman filmed partly in a Gastown alley off Cambie and the Cambie Pub.
- Wednesday, January 30th – The CW airs Arrow 1×12 Vertigo featuring Seth Gabel as “The Count” with key scenes filmed on the Front Street Parkade in New Westminster.
- Wednesday, January 30th – ABC picks up Vancouver crime drama Motive to air this summer.
- Wednesday, January 30th – Once Upon a Time films high speed car chase with Jamie Dornan and Lana Parrilla in Steveston. After his Storybrooke flashbacks, Sheriff Graham posed for photos with some lucky fans.
- Wednesday, January 30th – Bates Motel films on its motel/house set in Aldergrove for third
It was so sad last Friday when the day came and went without Fringe. The show had wrapped five seasons (four of them filmed in Vancouver) the week before in an epic series finale. Then on Monday FOX shared something wonderful — this video of the Fringe cast saying one final thank you to the fans.
- Sunday, January 20th – The Giant is Back. Once Upon a Time promo for 2×13 Tiny & my photos of Jorge Garcia as the Giant in Steveston. Airs in three weeks, on February 10th.
- Sunday, January 20th - Once Upon a Time airs 2×12 In the Name of the Brother featuring black-and-white Frankenstein flashbacks and the present-day problem of an outsider in Storybrooke
- Friday, January 18th – Fringe‘s stunning 2-hour series finale. 5×12 Liberty features Broyles (in Harbour Green Park) telling Fringe team that boy being held in detention at Liberty Island; Olivia suggesting she bypass security by crossing over to alt-universe Liberty Island; Walter hauling out cracked Window into Another World to see what Liberty Island (in Coal Harbour) looks like in alt-universe 2036; Olivia getting painful injections of cortexiphan and then crossing over & getting unfriendly welcome at Fringe Division HQ (Vancouver Public Library); Fauxlivia getting call about Olivia while out to dinner (at Rice ‘N Spice) with her husband Lincoln Lee; and Olivia & Fauxlivia bringing the boy back from Liberty Island to Battery Park (Coal Harbour) where Olivia & boy will cross back over. 5×13 features Broyles captured (under Cambie Bridge) by Observers & Loyalist soliders; an explosive battle against Windmark & Co. (on Port Metro Vancouver land) and final scenes at a POlivia house (in Burnaby) all directed by Fringe showrunner Joel Wyman.
- Friday, January 18th – Once Upon a Time films more of big fight inside Mr. Gold’s in Steveston.
- Friday, January 18th – Vancouver detective series Motive films near Granville and King Edward.
- Friday, Janary 18th – Commercial films at Broadway Plaza.
- Thursday, January 17th – Once Upon a Time films on its floating pirate ship set at Britannia Heritage Shipyard Park and inside Mr. Gold’s in Steveston.
- Thursday, January 17th – TVLine gets Sneak Peek at The CW promo images of Supernatural 1×12 As Time Goes By featuring Gil McKinney as Sam & Dean’s paternal grandfather Henry
- Thursday, January 17th – TVLine gets First Look at The CW promo images of Arrow 1×12 Vertigo featuring Seth Gabel as “The Count”, a nefarious drug dealer
On a sunny but freezing Friday afternoon last December, Fringe took a break from studio to film a coda to season five’s opening scenes of Peter (Joshua Jackson) and Olivia (Anna Torv) out for a family picnic with their daughter Etta (Abagayle Hardwick) in 2015. A family picnic that was interrupted by Observageddon, the Observer invasion from the future, and the abduction of little Etta.
This is what POlivia fought to get back to. If time was to be reset, then there must be a different outcome to this idyllic family picnic. One where the Observers never come and our family goes home to their POlivia house and happy life.
But how to film this in December? Very quickly of course. Especially with Joshua Jackson dressed in the same grey t-shirt and beige shorts, Anna Torv in the same long blue shirt and jeans and young Abagayle Hardwick in the same flowered dress as the Stanley Park shoot last summer. In the new coda, the Bishops leave the park together and drive back to their POlivia house
In the epic Fringe trailer for this Friday’s two-hour series finale, we catch a glimpse of Dr. Walter Bishop (John Noble)’s cracked Window into Another World circa 1985 (cracked because Walter threw something at it after he saw Observer September interrupt Walternate’s discovery of a cure for his son Peter). Everything is coming full circle in Fringe’s fifth and final season. Walter must have hauled out the window from wherever he’d stored it in his ambered Harvard lab circa 2036 so that the team can have a look at Liberty Island in the parallel universe.
- Sunday, January 13th – Once Upon a Time 2×12 The Outsider has Rumple finding a way to cross the town border without losing his memory of his son Bae, Hook stealing Bae’s cloak, a Rumple vs Hook showdown and then a big twist involving Rumple’s beloved Belle.
- Sunday, January 13th – CTV airs a promo for Vancouver detective series Motive during the Golden Globes with the tagline: The Murder is Just the Beginning. Debuts on February 3rd after the Superbowl on CTV.
- Sunday, January 13th - Cult panel at the Television Critics Association (TCA) winter press tour, with cast Matt Davis, Jessica Lucas, Robert Knepper and Alona Tal and Farscape creator Rockne O’Bannon. Debuts February 19th on The CW.
- Sunday, January 13th – The CW president Mark Pedowitz says new version of Vancouver-filmed pilot The Selection still in contention for pilot order. Tells TCA winter press tour that he loves the new script.
- Friday, January 11th – Fringe 5×11 The Boy Must Live – the third-to-last episode features naked Walter in deprivation tank and father-son bonding between Walter and Peter and between September and his son, the child Observer! Oh, and someone must die for the plan to work.
- Friday, January 11th – Arrow Fraturday: star Stephen Amell steals a motorcyle in a scene at Portal Park as news breaks of his Christmas wedding to longtime girlfriend Cassandra Jean; his stunt double rides the motorcycle down the stairs at Oceanic Plaza and over a prop Starling City cab into prop traffic on West Hastings. Arrow crew then moves to underground parking at the Vancouver Convention Centre to film overnight scenes until Saturday morning.
- Friday, January 11th – Supernatural Fraturday: films overnight again inside Century House in downtown Vancouver.
- Friday, January 11th – Citytv releases promo image of Vancouver sitcom Package Deal, featuring Randal Edwards, Julia Voth, Harland Williams and Jay Malone.
- Thursday, January 10th – Vancouver sitcom Package Deal tapes in front of live studio audience in Burnaby.
- Thursday, January 10th – Once Upon a Time films at Deer Lake Park with Charming, Snow & Henry on set.
- Thursday, January 10th – Arrow films at the PNE
- Thursday, January 10th – Supernatural films inside Century House in downtown Vancouver.
- Thursday, January 10th – Red Widow panel at TCA winter press tour. Debuts March 3rd on ABC.
- Thursday, January 10th – News via @Lemon_Buzz that feature film Ninja Turtles closed its Vancouver production office and opened a NYC production office = Vancouver loses another feature film.
- Thurday, January 10th – Premier Christy Clark’s BC Jobs Plan boosts several industries but not our declining film & TV biz. Click on the SAVE BC FILM petition and sign it to let her know the cost to the province of losing film & TV productions to places with better tax credits.
- Wednesday, January 9th – Fringe showrunner Joel Wyman and cast Lance Reddick present early screening