Tag Archives: North Vancouver
- Sunday, May 19th – RoboCop starring Joel Kinnaman wraps its fourth & final day (May 16-19) in the Washington Building at Vancouver Shipyards in North Vancouver, Standoff between heroes and villains with simulated gunfire. You could hear the pop, pop, pop sound nearby.
- Saturday, May 18th – Lexus commercial films in downtown Business District.
- Friday, May 17th – Amanda Tapping directs Continuum on Cambie St. and Arch Alley downtown. First a scene with Stephen Lobo and Magda Apanowicz on Cambie. And then a scene with Victor Webster and a corpse in the gravel parking lot off Arch Alley.
- Friday, May 17th – Globe and Mail: Election upset has BC Film industry reeling over lost taxbreaks
- Friday, May 17th – Lifetime series Witches of East End,starring Julia Ormond, back on BC Production List. New filming dates: July 16 to October 21.
- Thursday, May 16th - Godzilla terrorizes Steveston for third night shoot on docks dressed as San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Thursday, May 16th – Vancouver whydunit Motive season finale airs on CTV with Amanda Tapping guest starring as hot psychologist. Crime scene filmed in David Lam Park in Yaletown.
- Thursday, May 16th – YVRShoots Series – Four filmed-in-Vancouver American pilots Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, Almost Human with Karl Urban & Michael Ealy, Intelligence with Josh Holloway and The 100 make it to series. But will they all shoot in Vancouver?
- Thursday, May 16th – The CW Upfront: The CW becomes the Amell network with cousins Arrow star Stephen Amell & Tomorrow People star Robbie Amell on stage and sharing a childhood photo to a chorus of Awwwws from the audience. The network plans to break up Supernatural and Arrow on Wednesday nights by moving the Winchesters to Tuesdays at 9 p.m. and replacing them with Tomorrow People, a new show which may shift production to Vancouver. But picked up series The 100 is not expected to air until 2014. Here’s a trailer filmed in local forest.
- Thursday May 16th – Continuum films inside CBC Vancouver. Episode directed by Amanda Tapping.
- Thursday, May 16th – The Killing films at Riverview.
- Thursday May 16th – Falling Skies showrunner Remi Aubuchon announces he’s stepping down. David Eick from Battlestar Galactica will take over for season four.
- Wednesday, May 15th – Godzilla in Steveston. Night shoot on docks dressed as San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Wednesday, May 15th – Supernatural season eight finale. Angels fall from Heaven.
- Wednesday, May 15th – Arrow‘s epic season finale. Throughout the taut episode almost every character looked like he/she was about to sacrifice themselves but ultimately Tommy (Colin Donnell) was the one who does, sacrificing himself to save the woman he loved, Lauren (Katie Cassidy). Archer showdown between Emerald Archer (Stephen Amell/stunt double) & Dark Archer (John Barrowman/stunt double) on Hudson’s Bay roof downtown.
Diggle (David Ramsey)’s obsession with vengeance against his brother’s killer Deadshot (Michael Rowe) leads to a falling out between the dynamic duo — Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) and Diggle — tonight. Not because Oliver doesn’t share Diggle’s desire to take out the assassin, but because he has [different priorities.]
Arrow filmed Diggle meeting with federal agent Lyla (Audrey Marie Anderson) about Deadshot inside The Pinnacle Hotel in
SHOOT: Misha Collins & Curtis Armstrong Film SUPERNATURAL 8×22 in Deep Cove, North Vancouver – Updated
Update: The Clip Show, airing May 8th. Metatron asks Castiel’s advice about the problems in Heaven.
Supernatural spent the day filming in beautiful Deep Cove in North Vancouver on Wednesday. The day started with a patio scene at the Arms Reach Bistro of a conversation between two actors. I didn’t get there in time to see who was on set but the afternoon scene of two actors walking down Panaroma Drive was of Castiel (Misha Collins), carrying groceries and beer, with [Curtis Armstrong (Booger from Revenge of the Nerds) as the reclusive angel Metatron, the scribe of God.] There was also an interior scene in the Panorama Market, maybe of Cas buying what looked like toilet paper. Later that night, Supernatural returned to the patio of the Arms Reach Bistro for a scene of two actors watching the waitress close down the restaurant while “an actor with a knife” stood on the cul de sac opposite (according to the film notice). I wish I could have stayed for that. Fans have some ideas about who the actor with a knife might be but we’ll have to wait and see.
- Sunday, March 10th – Red Widow 1×03 The Consignment starring Radha Mitchell and Goran Visnjic has scene of youngest cast member Jakob Salvati doing own stunt near Victory Square dowtown.
- Sunday, March 10th – Motive 1×05 Public Enemy about murder of health food guru starring Kristin Lehman and Louis Ferreira.
- Sunday, March 10th – Once Upon a Time 1×16 The Miller’s Daughter. Emma, Bae, Henry and the dying Rumple sail from Manhattan to Storybrooke, aka Steveston pirate ship set. Big sword fight showdown — Good vs Evil — inside Mr. Gold’s in Steveston. Who will die? #onewilldie.
- Sunday, March 10th – TV movie Window Wonderland with Chyler Leigh of Grey’s Anatomy films outside Holt Renrew downtown for 3rd day in a row.
- Saturday, March 9th – Arrow panel at PaleyFest with Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey, Susannah Thompson & executive producers. From panel: Amell cast with his shirt on! Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman) is “evil Bruce Wayne”. Expect slow build to Black Canary and Speedy (Colton Haynes). Mysterious genre guest star coming. Not as much as VFX as you’d think except for the arrows — all CGIed.
- Saturday, March 9th – Stunt rehearsals with Josh Holloway on Fraser River for CBS pilot Intelligence.Photo from @SidneySewell.
- Saturday, March 9th – TV movie Window Wonderland with Chyler Leigh of Grey’s Anatomy films outside Holt Renfrew downtown
- Friday, March 8th – Arrow‘s David Ramsey films in The Pinnacle hotel and then at night Paul Blackthorne and Colton Haynes on The Pier aka Burrard Dry Dock Pier in North Vancouver.
- Friday, March 8th – The Killing films a night shoot in Gastown.
- Friday, March 8th – Cult airs on its new night. 1×03 has big stunt of train on Langley tracks hitting a car plus scenes of Matt Davis & Jessica Lucas at UBC.
- Friday, March 8th – Movie Robocop to do reshoots in Vancouver not Toronto this May to accomodate star Joel Kinnaman who is filming season 3 of The Killing here. Via latest BC Production List.
- Friday, March 8th – Isaiah Washington (Dr. Burke from Grey’s Anatomy) joins cast of CW pilot The 100.
- Friday, March 8th – TV movie Winter Wonderland with Chyler Leigh of Grey’s Anatomy films outside Holt Renfrew downtown
- Thursday, March 7th – Once Upon a Time films Fairy Tale Land scenes in Robert Burnaby Park with Lana Parrilla
SHOOT: ARROW’s Paul Blackthorne & Colton Haynes Film on The Pier in North Vancouver for 1×20 – Updated
Arrow filmed late night scenes on the Burrard Dry Dock Pier in North Vancouver’s historic Versatile Shipyards park last night. Quentin Lance (Paul Blackthorne), the Starling City cop obsessed with bringing the vigilante Hood to justice, speeds to [the Starling City Port] to apprehend Roy Harper (Colton Haynes) [and his stolen police radio]. After the shoot wrapped sometime after midnight, one hardy fan got a photo with Paul Blackthorne taken by Colton Haynes. Good timing? You bet.
Production had been inside the Pinnacle Hotel for much of the evening [filming David Ramsey (John Diggle)], who then headed out to join fellow cast Stephen Amell (Oliver Queen/the Hood), Katie Cassidy (Laurel Lance), Susanna Thompson (Moira Queen) and executive producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg in Los Angeles for Arrow’s PaleyFest panel. The livestream begins at 7:30 p.m. tonight. Click here for link.