Tag Archives: Seth Gabel
- Sunday, February 3rd – The Murder is Just the Beginning. An unprecedented ad campaign for Vancouver crime drama Motive, starring Kristin Lehman and Louis Ferreira, ahead of its debut on CTV after the Superbowl. My post for Vancouver is Awesome.
- Friday, February 1st- Supernatural films for a second afternoon and evening in Queensborough on Duncan Street at a riverfront industrial property.
- Friday, February 1st – Vancouver’s cop-from-the corporate-future series Continuum films in Squamish.
- Friday, February 1st – EW’s Inside TV gets First Look at creepy new Bates Motel poster & Motherly Love teaser featuring Bates mother-and-son Vera Farigma and Freddie Highmore. Series debuts March 18th on A&E.
- Thursday, January 31st – Supernatural films in Queensborough on Duncan Street at a riverfront industrial property. Impala spotted on set.
- Thursday, January 31st – Bates Motel films on its motel/house set in Aldergrove for fourth day.
- Wednesday, January 30th – CBC airs Arctic Air 2×04, with lots of hookups, including one — Bobby & Krista — I didn’t expect to see so early in the season.
- Wednesday, January 30th – The CW airs Supernatural 1×12 As Time Goes By about time-travelling Grandpa Winchester and a demon played by Alaina Huffman filmed partly in a Gastown alley off Cambie and the Cambie Pub.
- Wednesday, January 30th – The CW airs Arrow 1×12 Vertigo featuring Seth Gabel as “The Count” with key scenes filmed on the Front Street Parkade in New Westminster.
- Wednesday, January 30th – ABC picks up Vancouver crime drama Motive to air this summer.
- Wednesday, January 30th – Once Upon a Time films high speed car chase with Jamie Dornan and Lana Parrilla in Steveston. After his Storybrooke flashbacks, Sheriff Graham posed for photos with some lucky fans.
- Wednesday, January 30th – Bates Motel films on its motel/house set in Aldergrove for third
Seth Gabel returned to Vancouver last November to guest-star on two shows — Fringe and Arrow. To the delight of Fringies, he reprised his role as Fringe agent Lincoln Lee but an aged,still hot version married to Fauxlivia in alt-universe 2036. And he guest-starred on an upcoming Arrow as a nefarious drug dealer known as “The Count”, who has big plans to distribute a new drug in Starling City, one that Oliver Queen’s sister Thea is arrested for using.
I did see Seth Gabel as aged Lincoln Lee on location for Fringe but not as “The Count” on location for Arrow. Some of his biggest drug dealer scenes were filmed overnight in mid-November on the Front Street Parkade in New Westminster. On my way back from a visit to the Bates Motel set in Aldergrove I stopped by this shoot but didn’t linger after I was told it was a closed set. Obviously, I should have tried harder because others did manage to get close and even to meet Gabel in costume. Two months later, TV Line has a First Look at Vertigo promo images from The CW of The Count squaring off with Oliver Queen and his bodyguard Diggle, filmed at the Front Street Parkade (you can see the Skytrain bridge over the Fraser River in the background).
- Sunday, January 20th – The Giant is Back. Once Upon a Time promo for 2×13 Tiny & my photos of Jorge Garcia as the Giant in Steveston. Airs in three weeks, on February 10th.
- Sunday, January 20th - Once Upon a Time airs 2×12 In the Name of the Brother featuring black-and-white Frankenstein flashbacks and the present-day problem of an outsider in Storybrooke
- Friday, January 18th – Fringe‘s stunning 2-hour series finale. 5×12 Liberty features Broyles (in Harbour Green Park) telling Fringe team that boy being held in detention at Liberty Island; Olivia suggesting she bypass security by crossing over to alt-universe Liberty Island; Walter hauling out cracked Window into Another World to see what Liberty Island (in Coal Harbour) looks like in alt-universe 2036; Olivia getting painful injections of cortexiphan and then crossing over & getting unfriendly welcome at Fringe Division HQ (Vancouver Public Library); Fauxlivia getting call about Olivia while out to dinner (at Rice ‘N Spice) with her husband Lincoln Lee; and Olivia & Fauxlivia bringing the boy back from Liberty Island to Battery Park (Coal Harbour) where Olivia & boy will cross back over. 5×13 features Broyles captured (under Cambie Bridge) by Observers & Loyalist soliders; an explosive battle against Windmark & Co. (on Port Metro Vancouver land) and final scenes at a POlivia house (in Burnaby) all directed by Fringe showrunner Joel Wyman.
- Friday, January 18th – Once Upon a Time films more of big fight inside Mr. Gold’s in Steveston.
- Friday, January 18th – Vancouver detective series Motive films near Granville and King Edward.
- Friday, Janary 18th – Commercial films at Broadway Plaza.
- Thursday, January 17th – Once Upon a Time films on its floating pirate ship set at Britannia Heritage Shipyard Park and inside Mr. Gold’s in Steveston.
- Thursday, January 17th – TVLine gets Sneak Peek at The CW promo images of Supernatural 1×12 As Time Goes By featuring Gil McKinney as Sam & Dean’s paternal grandfather Henry
- Thursday, January 17th – TVLine gets First Look at The CW promo images of Arrow 1×12 Vertigo featuring Seth Gabel as “The Count”, a nefarious drug dealer
This is the scene of the redverse’s aged Fauxlivia (Anna Torv) out for dinner with her similarly-aged husband Lincoln Lee (Seth Gabel) in 2036 when she gets a call from Fringe Division headquarters that Olivia (also Anna Torv) has crossed over to see her. Unfortunately, not everything that was filmed in the restaurant on Hamilton Street shows up on screeen. For example, Fauxlivia and Lincoln Lee’s grownup son has been edited out of the restaurant footage but we see him in a family portrait on Fauxlivia’s desk at Fringe Division HQ. Still, I’m glad that the cheeky alternate universe news footage of Chelsea Clinton leading in the presidential polls survived. As Entertainment Weekly’s TV critic Ken Tucker tweeted during the live broadcast tonight: I vote for Chelsea Clinton for President.
- Sunday, December 2nd – Once Upon a Time mid-season finale. Queen of Hearts, 2×09, features Snow & Emma vs Cora & Hook in a fight for the compass. A Charming family reunion in Storybrooke. And two villains heading into Storybrooke on a pirate ship.
- Sunday, December 2nd – Whistler Film Festival wraps.
- Sunday, December 2nd – Glen Schaefer interview with Twilight scribe and Red Widow showrunner Melissa Rosenberg in the Province reveals Camille Sullivan is FBI agent in the Russian mob series.
- Saturday, December 1st – Fringe showrunner Joel Wyman reveals series finale episode title – An Enemy of Fate.
- Saturday, December 1st – 100th episode party for Fringe at Fairmont Pacific Rim with JJ Abrams, Joel Wyman, Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, John Noble, Jasika Nicole, Seth Gabel, Blair Brown and crew. Video of the party with interviews.
- Saturday, December 1st – Arrow Christmas Party. Photo by fight coordinator James Bamford.
- Saturday, December 1st – Twilight scribe and Red Widow showrunner Melissa Rosenberg honoured for her screenwriting at Whistler Film Festival.
- Friday, November 30th – American TV critics visit Stephen Amell in costume as Hood for Arrow on top of Bentall parkade downtown. Filming police raid overnight.
- Friday, November 30th – American TV critics visit Supernatural on set at start of filming episode 8×13.
- Friday, November 30th – HuffPost TV reports Gil McKinney cast as time traveller Henry in Supernatural episode 8×12 filmed partly in Gastown alley on Tuesday.
- Friday, November 30th -Arrow casts Spartacus star Manu Bennett as the man behind Deathstroke in the Island flashbacks.
- Friday, November 30th – Battlestar Galactica prequel Blood and Chrome with Ben Cotton — seventh and eighth webisodes online.
- Friday, November 30th – A&E releases two short teasers of Bates Motel to TVLine.
- Thursday, November 29th – Arrow films Katie Cassidy and Colin Donnell in Oceanic Plaza and a police station night shoot on Eveleigh near the Bentall Centre.
- Wednesday, November 28th -Filming of Supernatural‘s cartoontastic episode 8×8 featured new demon-hunting trio Sam & Dean & Cas photographed laughing in the Impala and a cartoon suicide off the Lumbermens’ Building.
- Wednesday, November 28th - So that was the Huntress`s stunt double on a motorcycle roarring towards me on a downtown sidewalk for Arrow episode 1×7. And Stephen Amell`s foot chase was done in two separate shoots.
- Wednesday, November 28th – Whistler Film Festival begins. Runs until December 2nd.
- Wednesday, November 28th – Sarah McLachlan holiday classic debuts on radio. My photos of music video shoot for
- Sunday, November 18th - Once Upon a Time pre-empted by American Music Awards. New episode 2×08, Into the Deep, airs next Sunday.
- Sunday, November 18th – The Twlight Saga: Breaking Dawn 2 boasts a US$349 million global opening weekend via Deadline.com.
- Saturday, November 17th – Bates Motel films at the HI Vancouver Jericho Beach Hostel.
- Friday, November 16th - Red Widow wraps filming of its first order of eight episodes set to premiere early next year on ABC.
- Friday, November 16h – On Fringe‘s ep. 5×07 Joshua Jackson’s Peter tracks Observer lieutenants on Hastings West and Blair Brown returns as silver-haired Nina Sharp in her wheelchair filmed on the Olympic Village seawall.
- Friday, November 16th – Fringe films pickup scenes with the panelled blue mini-van in Chinatown.
- Friday, November 16th – Battlestar Galactica prequel Blood and Chrome with Ben Cotton – third & fourth webisodes online.
- Friday, November 16th – Mr. Cranky Pants lives. CBC releases season two teaser for Yellowknife and Vancouver-filmed Arctic Air which moves to Wednesday nights in its second season next year.
- Thursday, November 15 – Midnight screenings of blockbuster The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 2. which was filmed in Vancouver, Squamish and Whistler.
- Thusrday, November 15th – Arrow films police chase & shootout featuring Seth Gabel as season one’s big bad Vertigo on the second level of the Front Street parkade in New Westminster.
- Thursday, November 15th – Vancouver sitcom Package Deal films its fourth episode in front of a live studio audience in Burnaby.
- Thursday, November 15th – Bates Motel films on its permanent motel and Bates house set in Aldergrove, a replica of the Alfred Hitchcock set from his classic horror film Psycho.
- Thursday, November 15th - Vancouver detective series Motive films out in Aldergrove.
- Thusrday, November 15th – Red Widow films near Victory Square.
- Wednesday, November 14th – Misha Collins’s Castiel returns on Supernatural 8×07 & meets with Amanada Tapping (Stargate/Sanctuary)’s angel Naomi. Watch your back Cas.
- Wednesday, November 14th – The Royal Flush Gang robs Starling Trust Bank on Arrow‘s ep. 1×06 filmed in the
Since the scenes of Cortexiphan kid Nick Lane’s return are in the promos for tonight’s Fringe, I’ve restored Lane, played by David Call, to my photos of the shoot in Yaletown. The is one where first Joshua Jackson, then Seth Gabel slipped on wet grass, ruining takes. No one found it funnier than them. It was one of those wonderful Fringe shoots where fans watched up close as cast and crew went about their business of making this out-of-this-world show, just renewed for a fifth and final season.
Tonight’s @Fringenuity hashtag is the episode title #WorldsApart.
Oh how I’ve missed you, alt-universe. Fringe returns to the Other Side in episode seventeen, Everything in its Right Place, with Anna Torv’s Fauxlivia toting a big gun as Seth Gabel’s Agent Lee faces off with Seth Gabel’s Captain Lee (Fringenuity‘s episode hash tag was a spot-on #FaceYourself).
So we had a double dose of Lincoln Lees but when Seth Gabel played both in Victory Square in downtown Vancouver on February 8th, I only managed to get decent shots of Fauxlivia, although I did see Captain Lee get shot (a spoiler I kept to myself because I couldn’t bear the thought of Fauxlivia losing her Lincoln Lee).
This episode opened in Walter’s lab with Gene the cow wearing an FBI “jacket” while grazing as Jasika Nicole’s Astrid complains to our Lincoln Lee about having to cross over to the other universe to help investigate a vigilante with a connection to the shapeshifters. Agent Lee offers to take her place on the bridge to the other side where he meets up with Fauxlivia and Captain Lee. Clearly Seth Gabel is as good as Anna Torv at playing dopplegangers: Captain Lee is so macho and Agent Lee is borderline dweeb.
From there we go to the top of a parkade at night where the vigilante shapeshifter is killing a criminal in the act. When Fauxlivia, Captain Lee and Agent Lee show up at the crime scene, filmed on February 13th, @MartiniHoudini had a window seat on the action on the Bentall Parkade and Seth Gabel as our Lincoln Lee, an alt-Lincoln Lee double and Anna Torv as Fauxlivia below.
Some of the funniest moments took place on this parkade like Fauxlivia weedling Agent Lee’s middle name out of him and then pranking Captain Lee with a “What’s up Tyrone?” Followed by a superhero debate: “What’s a Batman?” asks Fauxlivia, explaining their superhero is Mantis. “Seriously? Your superhero is an insect?” says our Lincoln Lee. “Because nothing says badass like a flying rat!” retorts Fauxlivia.