Tag Archives: University of British Columbia
- Sunday, March 10th – Red Widow 1×03 The Consignment starring Radha Mitchell and Goran Visnjic has scene of youngest cast member Jakob Salvati doing own stunt near Victory Square dowtown.
- Sunday, March 10th – Motive 1×05 Public Enemy about murder of health food guru starring Kristin Lehman and Louis Ferreira.
- Sunday, March 10th – Once Upon a Time 1×16 The Miller’s Daughter. Emma, Bae, Henry and the dying Rumple sail from Manhattan to Storybrooke, aka Steveston pirate ship set. Big sword fight showdown — Good vs Evil — inside Mr. Gold’s in Steveston. Who will die? #onewilldie.
- Sunday, March 10th – TV movie Window Wonderland with Chyler Leigh of Grey’s Anatomy films outside Holt Renrew downtown for 3rd day in a row.
- Saturday, March 9th – Arrow panel at PaleyFest with Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey, Susannah Thompson & executive producers. From panel: Amell cast with his shirt on! Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman) is “evil Bruce Wayne”. Expect slow build to Black Canary and Speedy (Colton Haynes). Mysterious genre guest star coming. Not as much as VFX as you’d think except for the arrows — all CGIed.
- Saturday, March 9th – Stunt rehearsals with Josh Holloway on Fraser River for CBS pilot Intelligence.Photo from @SidneySewell.
- Saturday, March 9th – TV movie Window Wonderland with Chyler Leigh of Grey’s Anatomy films outside Holt Renfrew downtown
- Friday, March 8th – Arrow‘s David Ramsey films in The Pinnacle hotel and then at night Paul Blackthorne and Colton Haynes on The Pier aka Burrard Dry Dock Pier in North Vancouver.
- Friday, March 8th – The Killing films a night shoot in Gastown.
- Friday, March 8th – Cult airs on its new night. 1×03 has big stunt of train on Langley tracks hitting a car plus scenes of Matt Davis & Jessica Lucas at UBC.
- Friday, March 8th – Movie Robocop to do reshoots in Vancouver not Toronto this May to accomodate star Joel Kinnaman who is filming season 3 of The Killing here. Via latest BC Production List.
- Friday, March 8th – Isaiah Washington (Dr. Burke from Grey’s Anatomy) joins cast of CW pilot The 100.
- Friday, March 8th – TV movie Winter Wonderland with Chyler Leigh of Grey’s Anatomy films outside Holt Renfrew downtown
- Thursday, March 7th – Once Upon a Time films Fairy Tale Land scenes in Robert Burnaby Park with Lana Parrilla
- Sunday, February 3rd – The Murder is Just the Beginning. An unprecedented ad campaign for Vancouver crime drama Motive, starring Kristin Lehman and Louis Ferreira, ahead of its debut on CTV after the Superbowl. My post for Vancouver is Awesome.
- Friday, February 1st- Supernatural films for a second afternoon and evening in Queensborough on Duncan Street at a riverfront industrial property.
- Friday, February 1st – Vancouver’s cop-from-the corporate-future series Continuum films in Squamish.
- Friday, February 1st – EW’s Inside TV gets First Look at creepy new Bates Motel poster & Motherly Love teaser featuring Bates mother-and-son Vera Farigma and Freddie Highmore. Series debuts March 18th on A&E.
- Thursday, January 31st – Supernatural films in Queensborough on Duncan Street at a riverfront industrial property. Impala spotted on set.
- Thursday, January 31st – Bates Motel films on its motel/house set in Aldergrove for fourth day.
- Wednesday, January 30th – CBC airs Arctic Air 2×04, with lots of hookups, including one — Bobby & Krista — I didn’t expect to see so early in the season.
- Wednesday, January 30th – The CW airs Supernatural 1×12 As Time Goes By about time-travelling Grandpa Winchester and a demon played by Alaina Huffman filmed partly in a Gastown alley off Cambie and the Cambie Pub.
- Wednesday, January 30th – The CW airs Arrow 1×12 Vertigo featuring Seth Gabel as “The Count” with key scenes filmed on the Front Street Parkade in New Westminster.
- Wednesday, January 30th – ABC picks up Vancouver crime drama Motive to air this summer.
- Wednesday, January 30th – Once Upon a Time films high speed car chase with Jamie Dornan and Lana Parrilla in Steveston. After his Storybrooke flashbacks, Sheriff Graham posed for photos with some lucky fans.
- Wednesday, January 30th – Bates Motel films on its motel/house set in Aldergrove for third
- Friday, January 25th – Continuum films scenes of Victor Webster at Vanier Park near Burrard Bridge and of Rachel Nichols in her black hi-tech cat suit doing a stunt kick at a night shoot with rain towers at the CBC Vancouver parking garage Later a green skin-suited double performs more stunts.
- Friday, January 25th – Vancouver sitcom Package Deal wraps taping of its first season in front of live studio audience in Burnaby, starring Randal Edwards, Julia Voth, Harland Williams and Jay Malone.
- Friday, January 25th – FOX orders JJ Abrams/Joel Wyman robot cops pilot, which could be filmed in Vancouver this March with former Fringe crew.
- Friday, January 25th – TVLine gets scoop of John Pyper-Ferguson casting as widower on Once Upon a Time.
- Thursday, January 24th – EW magazine gets First Look at Cult‘s creepy-cool key art, featuring Matt Davis, Jessica Lucas, Alona Tal and Robert Knepper
- Thursday, January 24th – TVLine gets First Look at Once Upon a Time‘s “Jack” of Beanstalk Fame.
- Thursday, January 24th – Supernatural films for 3rd & final day at Vancouver westside warehouse on 4th & Alberta. All inside.
- Thursday, January 24th – The CW releases an extended promo of Seth Gabel as “The Count” for Arrow 1×12 Vertigo
- Wednesday, January 23rd – Filmed-in-Vancouver-and-Yellowknife Arctic Air airs 2×3 Open Season, featuring the return of Nelson.
- Wednesday, January 23rd – Supernatural airs 8×11 LARP and the Real Girl with Sam & Dean in facepaint & cosplay in Coquitlam’s Mundy Park.
- Wednesday, January 23rd – Arrow airs 1×11 Trust and Verify guest-starring Ben Browder with key scenes filmed
Published December 14th, 2012 on Vancouver is Aweome
- Friday, December 7th – Fringe‘s eighth episode of its final season featured Peter Bishop vs Captain Windmark with Peter anticipating and redirecting Windmark’s movements plus a pivotal POlivia scene on the Vancouver Art Galley roof looking down on Windmark walking through the rainy plaza.
- Friday, December 7th – Fringe films its final episode in studio and at a house in Burnaby.
- Friday, December 7th – Arctic Air‘s Adam Beach and Pascale Hutton at CBC Vancouver Open House.
- Friday, December 7th – Continuum appears on the B.C. Production List. Filming of second season to start on January 16th and wrap around the end of May, 2013.
- Friday, Decmeber 7th – Battlestar Galactica prequel Blood and Chrome‘s finale - ninth and tenth episodes online.
- Thursday, December 6th – Fringe films its final episode in studio and then at night in the tunnel off Skeena leading to the 2nd Narrows Bridge.
- Thursday, December 6th – TVLine reports Gregory Itzin cast on Once Upon a Time as Frankenstein’s father.
- Wednesday, December 5th – Fringe‘s main unit films downtown in underground parking at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre and in and around Oceanic Plaza until 2 a.m. Its second splinter unit films under the Cambie Bridge with showrunner Joel Wyman directing Lance Reddick.
- Wednesday, December 5th – Supernatural mid-season finale featured scenes of Dean, his Purgatory pal Benny & the Impala filmed at the Britannia Shipyards in Steveston
- Wednesday, December 5th – Arrow’s eighth episode – Arrow vs The Huntress.
- Wednesday, December 5th – Emily Owens M.D. wraps filming of its final episode.
- Wednesday, December 5th – Vancouver detective series Motive films on Pender and inside and outside the Victorian Hotel downtown.
- Wednesday, Decmeber 5th – Amanda Tapping directs Arctic Air episode filmed in Burnaby as Calgary and featuring a guest appearance by Dragon’s Den dragon David Chilton as himself.
- Tuesday, December 4th - Fringe films driving scenes with Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, John Noble and Jasika Nicole in a van and then Lance Reddick in a black car
- Sunday, December 2nd – Once Upon a Time mid-season finale. Queen of Hearts, 2×09, features Snow & Emma vs Cora & Hook in a fight for the compass. A Charming family reunion in Storybrooke. And two villains heading into Storybrooke on a pirate ship.
- Sunday, December 2nd – Whistler Film Festival wraps.
- Sunday, December 2nd – Glen Schaefer interview with Twilight scribe and Red Widow showrunner Melissa Rosenberg in the Province reveals Camille Sullivan is FBI agent in the Russian mob series.
- Saturday, December 1st – Fringe showrunner Joel Wyman reveals series finale episode title – An Enemy of Fate.
- Saturday, December 1st – 100th episode party for Fringe at Fairmont Pacific Rim with JJ Abrams, Joel Wyman, Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, John Noble, Jasika Nicole, Seth Gabel, Blair Brown and crew. Video of the party with interviews.
- Saturday, December 1st – Arrow Christmas Party. Photo by fight coordinator James Bamford.
- Saturday, December 1st – Twilight scribe and Red Widow showrunner Melissa Rosenberg honoured for her screenwriting at Whistler Film Festival.
- Friday, November 30th – American TV critics visit Stephen Amell in costume as Hood for Arrow on top of Bentall parkade downtown. Filming police raid overnight.
- Friday, November 30th – American TV critics visit Supernatural on set at start of filming episode 8×13.
- Friday, November 30th – HuffPost TV reports Gil McKinney cast as time traveller Henry in Supernatural episode 8×12 filmed partly in Gastown alley on Tuesday.
- Friday, November 30th -Arrow casts Spartacus star Manu Bennett as the man behind Deathstroke in the Island flashbacks.
- Friday, November 30th – Battlestar Galactica prequel Blood and Chrome with Ben Cotton — seventh and eighth webisodes online.
- Friday, November 30th – A&E releases two short teasers of Bates Motel to TVLine.
- Thursday, November 29th – Arrow films Katie Cassidy and Colin Donnell in Oceanic Plaza and a police station night shoot on Eveleigh near the Bentall Centre.
- Wednesday, November 28th -Filming of Supernatural‘s cartoontastic episode 8×8 featured new demon-hunting trio Sam & Dean & Cas photographed laughing in the Impala and a cartoon suicide off the Lumbermens’ Building.
- Wednesday, November 28th - So that was the Huntress`s stunt double on a motorcycle roarring towards me on a downtown sidewalk for Arrow episode 1×7. And Stephen Amell`s foot chase was done in two separate shoots.
- Wednesday, November 28th – Whistler Film Festival begins. Runs until December 2nd.
- Wednesday, November 28th – Sarah McLachlan holiday classic debuts on radio. My photos of music video shoot for
Tonight on hospital dramedy Emily Owens M.D., Emily (Mamie Gummer) vies with her high-school nemesis Cassandra (Naomi King’) to be Dr. Bandari’s research assistant and to stop Cassandra from getting more time with Emily’s crush Will (Justin Hartley) in episode four. But will it work? Cassandra will do anything in her pursuit of Will and seems to be succeeding, as we see from a scene for upcoming episode eleven filmed last week at the University of British Columbia’s Life Sciences Centre dressed as Denver Memorial Hospital.
Emily Owens M.D. crew filmed a tracking shot last Thursday of Emily and her friend Tyra (Kelly McCreary), the lesbian daughter of the chief of surgery, standing in line at the prop Get Your Fix coffee cart as background performers carried floral arrangements from the prop Kiss and a Rose flower company van into the Life Sciences Centre, where other crew was setting up a gala set in the atrium. Emily and Tyra are joined in line by Cassandara and Will, also carrying garment bags. So of the main cast, I got a chance to see everyone on location but surgical resident Dr. Mica Barnes (Michael Rady) and rock star surgeon Dr. Gina Bandari (Necar Zadegan). If I’d stayed for the night shoot inside the atrium of the Life Sciences Centre, I might have seen the cast all dressed up to film the hospital gala scenes but hopefully will get the chance to see it on screen.
With Emily Owens M.D. sadly heading for cancellation, I took advantage of a big shoot at the University of British Columbia’s Life Sciences Centre last week to take some photos of Emily’s med school crush — Justin Hartley’s surgical intern Will Collins. No stranger to Vancouver, Smallville’s Oliver Queen/Green Arrow is definitely worthy of Emily’s romantic obsession.
Mamie Gummer’s Emily awkwardly confessed her love for Will in the season premiere and got shot down kindly, only to discover at episode’s end that her high school nemesis, Aja Naomi King’s Cassandra Kopelson, is pursuing a receptive Will. Backtracking from embarrassment, Emily tries to pretend she is Okay with Will’s rejection until he clarifies that he does care for her but doesn’t want to wreck their friendship.
Last week, Emily fruitlessly looked for flaws in Will as he stripped off his shirt in front of her. Later he brought her a banana and a condom as a visual aid for her high school talk on safe sex and then helped her work off her anger at a STD boy recklessly infecting high school girls by teaching her how to bat balls off the roof of the Life Sciences Centre. So it doesn’t look like Emily will get over Will any time soon, even as Cassandra proves willing to do anything to get him, as we can see below in this scene from the [eleventh] episode.
But with Emily Owens M.D possibly wrapping filming in two more episodes, I anticipate a happy ending for Emily and her crush [Update: I'm not so sure about that now that the show is definitely wrapping at thirteen. Emily was "Done with Will" by the end of this episode after he showed himself to be blind to Cassandra's rudeness at the gala. Her patience has run out. Maybe a different happy ending is in store for her.]