Tag Archives: USA Network
Psych started filming thirteen episodes for season eight of the USA Network show in Vancouver late last week. On Sunday, crew prepped the old Britannia Shipyard building in Steveston for filming yesterday, turning it into the Barclay Bay Fish Company. In the morning, they shot scenes to the east at Gilbert Beach Park on Dyke Road and then some exterior scenes of Psych’s crime-fighting quartet arriving at the Barclay Bay Fish Company crime scene: Shawn “psychic” Spencer (James Roday) and Burton “Gus” Guster (Dule Hill) in the Blueberry and Santa Barbara police detectives Carleton “Lassie” Lassiter (Timothy Omundson) and Juliet O’Hara (Maggie Lawson) in the police squad car.
By the time I got there mid-afternoon, the crew was on LUNCH, either sprawled on the grass, playing with a small remoted-controlled car or setting up to shoot the crime scene inside. When I returned several hours later, I found the cast set chairs tucked away behind one of the restored former shipyard/cannery residences, which date back to 1885. Moments later, Lassie (Timothy Omundson) and Jules (Maggie Lawson) walked past me in costume, returning to set. And around the corner, sitting in the sun on the boardwalk with his back to the wall of the former Chinese bunkhouse was Shawn’s Dad, Henry Spencer (Corbin Bernsen), reading and probably preparing for the final scene of Henry fishing on the docks.
Lassie (Timothy Omundson) & Jules (Maggie Lawson)
The book — Psych’s Guide to Crime Fighting for the Totally Unqualified — is for sale today. And true to form, the always funny Psych Writers Room tweeted it’s “burning up the charts on Amazon. Suck it, Robert Frost.”
The TV series – Psych — filmed in Steveston yesterday on the old Dyke Road and in the Britannia Heritage Shipyard Park with crime fighters Shawn Spencer (James Roday), Burton “Gus” Guster (Dule Hill), Carleton “Lassie” Lassiter (Timothy Omundson), SBPD detective Juliet O’Hara (Maggie Lawson) and Henry Spencer (Corbin Bernsen) spotted on set.
Psych started filming thirteen episodes for season eight of the USA Network show in Vancouver yesterday. Dule Hill tweeted a fun photo of Psych’s crime-fighting quartet – James Roday’s ”psychic” Shawn Spencer, Dule Hill’s BFF Burton “Gus” Guster, Timothy Omundson’s Santa Barbara police detective Carlton “Lassie” Lassiter and Maggie Lawson’s detective Juliet O’Hara — at their police station set in North Shore Studios in the morning.
Much later in the day, Psych filmed inside the heritage Kensington Place in the West End, with Timothy Omundson’s Carleton “Lassie” Lassiter spotted on set. Could this be the Carleton and Marlowe love nest? Maybe not. The twenty-two European-style condos in this renovated 1912 building shouldn’t be in the newly-married couple’s price range, with their 9-foot ceilings, Corinthian pillars and Rococo moldings.
- Sunday, March 17th – Red Widow 1×04 The Escape with Radha Mitchell, Goran Visnjic and Wil Traval.
- Sunday, March 17th – Welcome to Storybrooke circa 1983 on Once Upon a Time 2×17. Except if you’re an outsider. Then not so welcome. And you might end up the target of a high-speed chase by Sheriff Graham (Jamie Dornan) & Regina (Lana Parrilla).
- Sunday, March 17th – News of Rainn Wilson (The Office) cast as lead in Hart Hanson’s CBS pilot Backstrom.
- Friday, March 15th – Once Upon a Time films Jennifer Morrison & Michael Raymond-James on Third Beach in Stanley Park for 2×21
- Friday, March 15th – Arrow films flashback scenes with Stephen Amell & Katie Cassidy & Oliver’s parents at Harbour Cruises in Coal Harbour for 1×21.
- Friday, March 15th – The Killing films in Langley.
- Friday, March 15th – CBS pilot Intelligence starts filming at Deer Lake Park in Burnaby. Josh Holloway not on set.
- Friday, March 15th – Cult 1×04 with Matt Davis on The CW.
- Thursday, March 14th – Vancouver played Toronto for Motive 1×06 Detour with scenes filmed at the Victorian Hotel as a Toronto apartment building and Belkin House as a Toronto police station.
- Thursday, March 14th – Continuum‘s Eric Knudsen & Ian Tracey film at Catch-122 restaurant on West Hastings downtown.
- Thursday, March 14th – CW pilot The 100 w/ Thomas McDonell as one of 100 juvenile delinquents sent back to Earth after nuclear war starts filming on its Langley set.
- Thursday, March 14th – Supernatural films in Riverview in Coquitlam.
- Thursday, March 14th – News that Arrow‘s Stephen Amell, Colin Donnell, Willa Holland, Paul Blackthorne & showrunners, & Falling Skies‘s Drew Roy, Sarah Carter, Seychelle Gabriel & showrunner Remi Aubuchon will be at WonderCon in Anaheim in late March. Schedule.
- Thursday, March 14th – News that Amanda Tapping of Sanctuary, Stargate SG1 will direct second season’s 12th episode of Continuum.
- Wednesday. March 13th – Psych‘s Big Foot episode directed by star James Roday airs on the USA Network.
- Wednesday, March 13th – FOX pilot Human starts filming inside empty bank building on West Pender downtown. Karl Urban on set. Productions signs BELLY pay tribute to Fringe.
- Wednesday, March 13th – Continuum films in Woodward’s Building downtown.
- Wednesday, March 13th - Once Upon a Time films scenes at the Steveston Cannery and on Moncton St. with Jennifer Morrison, Michael Raymond-James, Robert Carlyle, Emilie de Ravin and David Anders (on his knees as he tweeted).
- Wednesday, March 13th – Constellation Award nominations for Continuum, Fringe, Once Upon a Time, Primeval: New World, Supernatural, Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles,
All new season. All new snacks for Shawn & Gus (James Roday & Dule Hill)
Like Santa Barbara’s Footlong and Fancy Free hotdogs.
Here’s the Blueberry and James Roday’s Shawn Spencer and Dule Hill’s Burton “Gus” Guster filming inside it in North Vancouver rain this Halloween day. Psych wraps filming of its seventh season tomorrow. So I was lucky to see the Blueberry scenes and then Shawn and Gus grabbing a whole mess of hot dogs from Santa Barbara’s Footlong and Fancy Free truck as another character drove by flashing a cardboard sign at them which read “Suck It”. No idea why but it looks like it will be fun.
Uh-oh. Barry Bostwick of Rocky Horror Picture Show fame might not survive TV series Psych’s 2-hour musical episode. He’s cast as the owner of a ritzy Santa Barbara theatre, probably played by the Orpheum Theatre in downtown Vancouver, where Psych is filming today and tomorrow. This afternoon Psych filmed Bostwick’s stunt double stumbling from the alley by the theatre onto Smithe Street where he is struck by a Cadillac in an apparent hit-and-run. It was a spectacular stunt, especially on the second take.